PlayFab is an Adjust module partner. Our integration lets PlayFab receive attribution and app event data through automated callbacks.
Use our basic setup instructions to turn on Adjust’s integration and send callbacks to PlayFab. Then, use our advanced setup instructions to customize what information PlayFab receives.
To turn on Adjust’s integration with PlayFab, follow these steps.
- Find your app and select your app options caret (^)
- Select Partner Setup > ADD PARTNERS
- Select Add (+icon) next to PlayFab
- Enter your TITLE ID and SECRET KEY (contact your PlayFab representative for help finding these)
- Optional: see advanced setup to customize your callbacks
- Select Save
Well done! Basic setup is complete. PlayFab will receive callbacks for these activities:
Choose which data PlayFab receives from Adjust by customizing your setup.
Partner parameters (available in Adjust SDK version 4.0+) let Adjust collect custom data points from your app and send them to PlayFab.
Note: Before adding new partner parameters to the Adjust SDK, make sure no pre-existing partner parameters already fit your requirements.
To forward partner parameters to PlayFab, follow these steps.
- Set up partner parameters within the Adjust SDK (instructions for iOS and Android)
- In the Adjust dashboard, find your app and select your app options caret (^)
- Select Partner Setup > PlayFab
- Turn on Parameter Forwarding
- Select Partner Parameter Mapping
- In the FROM APP field, enter the name of your Adjust parameter (as written into the Adjust SDK). In the TO PARTNER field, enter your corresponding PlayFab name.
- Select Save
Now PlayFab will receive custom event details for each of your linked events.
Note: If you set up partner parameters within the Adjust SDK without turning on Partner Parameter Mapping, Adjust forwards the parameters as named in the Adjust SDK.
PlayFab allows you to send a set of predefined parameters. If you attach any of these parameters to an event in your adjust SDK, these will be forwarded to PlayFab. You can find out more about attaching session partner parameters in the SDK readme specific to the SDK or SDKs you are working with. Below is a list of the defined parameters that PlayFab accepts:
Parameter key > Value
- playfab_id > Unique PlayFab assigned ID of the user on whom the operation will be performed.
PlayFab requires Adjust to send the following parameters (data points) with your callbacks:
||Adgroup name, as taken from the tracker|
||Adjust device ID (all platforms)|
||Creative name, as taken from the tracker|
||Network name, as taken from the tracker|