To track installs from third-party stores, you will need to make use of Android’s
install_referrer intent. (This intent is also used by Google to notify the Adjust SDK of app installs from the Google Play Store). If the third-party store has configured this intent correctly, it will fire upon app install; all you need to do is ensure your app is listening for it.
- Ensure your developer has configured the Adjust SDK’s broadcast receiver to receive the
- Give the third party access to your dashboard to create trackers or create and share your tracker URLs with them
Once you have implemented the
INSTALL_REFERRER broadcast receiver and submitted your app and tracker URL to the third-party app store, Adjust will begin to receive install information and report it through your Adjust dashboard. Your campaign structure data will be reported under the source and campaign information provided in the intent.
Once you have have received the necessary tracker information from your client, you can configure your app store app as follows:
- Set up your store to know of app installs. This can be done in a number of ways and you can do it in whichever way you wish. Some example methods:
- Subscribe to the broadcast receiver for an
- A third-party app if it is capable of detecting installs
- Subscribe to the broadcast receiver for an
- Set up a broadcast of an
INSTALL_REFERRERintent (see here)
INSTALL_REFERRER, Adjust can receive install information and report it through the Adjust dashboard. Adjust will also send callbacks for source and campaign information to any endpoint specified within the referrer (see the examples below).
INSTALL_REFERRER intent, you pass Adjust key information so that we can categorize the attribution data appropriately. You are required to include the source of the install (
adjust_store) and the Adjust tracker token. You can also include campaign information up to three sublevels deep (see the examples below).
Important notes for third-party stores and networks
- Any information following
referrer=must be encoded
- Any callback URLs included within the referrer must be double encoded
|Adjust tracker token, e.g., |
Note: This example is a minimum-length tracker token. Always use the entire tracker token as displayed in your Adjust Campaign Wizard.
referrer=adjust_tracker%3Dabc123%26adjust_campaign%3DChristmasCamp59_ChristmasCampId330%26adjust_adgroup%3DAppId48399_SubID%26adjust_creative%3DCreative9383_SubId%26utm_source%3Dadjust_store&adjust_install_callback=www.3rdpartydomain.com%253Fsrc%253Dadjust%2526advertiserId%253D57638%2526password%253D4d13c4dcNote: This referrer intent includes a callback, which is double encoded
You will first need to create a tracker URL in the Adjust dashboard.
In the Adjust dashboard
- Navigate to your app and select your app options caret (^)
- Select Tracker URLs
- Navigate to the bottom of the window and select NEW TRACKER
- Type the desired name of your new Adjust tracker URL, then select CREATE
- Retrieve the Adjust tracker token(s) for your organic store tracker URL(s) to submit to your Android developer for integration
Adjust tracking for pre-installed apps requires a specific APK version that automatically assigns installs to a predefined tracker URL, written directly into the Adjust SDK.
Adjust has developed a small ruby command line that allows you to quickly generate duplicate APKs with custom, pre-assigned tracker tokens. Once configured, the Adjust SDK will report all first app opens (installs) with the preset tracker token, which Adjust uses for attributing your users.
- Android version 4.11 or higher
- Verify system requirements
- Identify the organic store tracker tokens, as generated within the Adjust dashboard
- Generate adjust-config.yaml configuration file with settings for each third-party Android store—full instructions here.
- Run the store and pre-install tracker tool
To test that Adjust is properly tracking the Partner version of your APK, follow the steps below:
- Operate an Android device that:
- Does not have your app installed and
- Has not been tracked by Adjust. In order for Adjust to track your test app launch as an install, all previously tracked app activity must be cleared from the Adjust system. To erase a device’s app history from the backend, use our Forget Device API. Instructions clearing a device can be found on our Adjust Testing Console page.
- Download the Partner APK with the hardcoded tracker token
- Open the app
- Check the Adjust dashboard for an install tied to the hardcoded tracker token
Note: While all Adjust tracking is recorded in real time, it can take up to twenty minutes for your install to appear in your Adjust dashboard. If you want to conduct multiple tests on the same device you must clear your device between tests.