mParticle is an Adjust module partner. Our integration lets mParticle receive attribution and app event data through automated callbacks.
Use our basic setup instructions to turn on Adjust’s integration and send callbacks to mParticle. Then, use our advanced setup instructions to customize what information mParticle receives.
To turn on Adjust’s integration with mParticle, follow these steps.
- Find your app and select your app options caret (^)
- Select Partner Setup > ADD PARTNERS
- Select Add (+icon) next to mParticle
- Enter your TOKEN (contact your mParticle representative for help finding this)
- Optional: see advanced setup to customize your callbacks
- Select Save
Well done! Basic setup is complete. mParticle will receive callbacks for these activities:
Choose which data mParticle receives from Adjust by customizing your setup.
Partner parameters (available in Adjust SDK version 4.0+) let Adjust collect custom data points from your app and send them to mParticle.
Note: Before adding new partner parameters to the Adjust SDK, make sure no pre-existing partner parameters already fit your requirements.
To forward partner parameters to mParticle, follow these steps.
- Set up partner parameters within the Adjust SDK (instructions for iOS and Android)
- In the Adjust dashboard, find your app and select your app options caret (^)
- Select Partner Setup > mParticle
- Turn on Parameter Forwarding
- Select Partner Parameter Mapping
- In the FROM APP field, enter the name of your Adjust parameter (as written into the Adjust SDK). In the TO PARTNER field, enter your corresponding mParticle name.
- Select Save
Now mParticle will receive custom event details for each of your linked events.
Note: If you set up partner parameters within the Adjust SDK without turning on Partner Parameter Mapping, Adjust forwards the parameters as named in the Adjust SDK.
mParticle allows you to send a set of predefined parameters. If you attach any of these parameters to an event in your adjust SDK, these will be forwarded to mParticle. You can find out more about attaching partner parameters in the SDK readme specific to the SDK or SDKs you are working with. Below is a list of the defined parameters that mParticle accepts:
Parameter key > Value
- customer_id > customer ID
- mpid -> MPID
mParticle requires Adjust to send the following parameters (data points) with your callbacks:
||Android ID (Android only)|
||Campaign name, as taken from the tracker|
||Activity timestamp with millisecond placeholders|
||Google Play Store advertising ID|
||ID for advertisers (iOS only)|
||Uppercase iOS ID for vendors|
||Network name, as taken from the tracker|