Set up Segment
Segment is a network and Adjust module partner. Our integration lets Segment receive attribution and in-app event data through automated callbacks.
Use our basic setup instructions to turn on Adjust’s integration and send callbacks to Segment. Then, use our advanced setup instructions to customize what information Segment receives.
To turn on Adjust’s integration with Segment, follow these steps.
- Find your app and select your app options caret (^)
- Select Partner Setup > ADD PARTNERS
- Select the add (+) icon next to Segment
- Enter your WRITE KEY (for help finding this, contact your Segment representative)
- Optional: see advanced setup to customize your callbacks
- Select Save
Well done! Basic setup is complete. Segment will receive callbacks for these activities:
Choose which data Segment receives from Adjust by customizing your setup.
Partner parameters (available in Adjust SDK version 4.0+) let Adjust collect custom data points from your app and send them to Segment.
Note: Before adding new partner parameters to the Adjust SDK, make sure no pre-existing partner parameters already fit your requirements.
To forward partner parameters to Segment, follow these steps.
- Set up partner parameters within the Adjust SDK (instructions for iOS and Android)
- In the Adjust dashboard, find your app and select your app options caret (^)
- Select Partner Setup > Segment
- Turn on Parameter Forwarding
- Select Partner Parameter Mapping
- In the FROM APP field, enter the name of your Adjust parameter (as written into the Adjust SDK). In the TO PARTNER field, enter your corresponding Segment name.
- Select Save
Now Segment will receive custom event details for each of your linked events.
Note: If you set up partner parameters within the Adjust SDK without turning on Partner Parameter Mapping, Adjust forwards the parameters as named in the Adjust SDK.
Segment allows you to send a set of predefined parameters. If you attach any of these parameters to an event in your adjust SDK, these will be forwarded to Segment. You can find out more about attaching partner parameters in the SDK readme specific to the SDK or SDKs you are working with. Below is a list of the defined parameters that Segment accepts:
Parameter key > Value
- anonymous_id > mandatory
- user_id > optional
Segment requires Adjust to send the following parameters (data points) with your callbacks:
|Custom partner parameters collected by the Adjust SDK or S2S request and transmitted to third party providers via postbacks|
|Adgroup name, as taken from the tracker|
|Campaign name, as taken from the tracker|
|Creative name, as taken from the tracker|
|Network name, as taken from the tracker|
|Current tracker name|