Here, you'll find a basic overview and frequently asked questions about Adjust tracker URLs.
For instructions on creating and managing trackers, see these articles:
- Link users to your app in the appropriate app store
- Record engagement type (clicks or impressions)
- Segment users by attribution source
- Redirect users based on device type
When you create a tracker in Adjust, the Campaign Wizard automatically makes two URLs: a click-based tracker and an impression-based tracker. Each URL includes an Adjust domain (
https://app.adjust.comfor click URLs or
https://view.adjust.comfor impression URLs) and a unique tracker token created by Adjust (e.g.,
Example click URL:
Example impression URL:
These basic tracker URLs track attributions, and you can also customize them to reflect campaign information, pass custom data, redirect users based on device type, and more.
Note: Unsure how to use your tracker URLs? No problem! Feel free to reach out to email@example.com with your top-level tracker and the details of your intended use case.
Adjust tracker URLs support up to 4 levels of data:
network (top level)
Example top-level tracker URL with all three sublevels (within the query string):
When users engage with your Adjust tracker, your network partners automatically fill in any campaign structure parameters. If you'd rather provide this data yourself, you can hardcode your own data values into your tracker URL.
Formatting guidelines for campaign structure parameters:
- Always separate campaign parameters with an ampersand (
- Only use lowercase text (e.g.,
CAMPAIGN) — campaign structure parameters are case sensitive
- Check that campaign structure parameters are spelled correctly (e.g.,
- Follow the hierarchy of sublevels (e.g., a campaign parameter cannot be appended to an adgroup-level tracker). Otherwise, the higher parameter will be ignored and only data at the lowest sublevel tracker will populate.
- Empty campaign structure parameters are
unknown. If your tracker URL doesn't include campaign structure parameters, the Adjust dashboard (and all exported reporting) displays the value
unknown. To make sure similar data points are recorded at the same sublevel, we recommend setting the same values at each parameter across all tracked channels.
- Tracker levels are permanent. Once you create a campaign-level tracker, it can't be edited or renamed to become an adgroup or creative-level tracker.
Use the Campaign Wizard to:
- Structure your campaigns within Adjust’s four-tier hierarchy, from the top level down to your lowest sublevel
- Add deeplinks to direct your users to a specific page within your app
- Append redirect or fallback URLs to send users to different web destinations
- Set tracker-level attribution settings (down to the adgroup sublevel) to decide exactly how and when your users are attributed/reattributed
- Track ad spend with any network that supports cost data
abc123) for every Adjust tracker. These tracker tokens contain 6 or more alphanumeric characters and appear at the end of your tracker URLs.
Example top-level tracker URL:
https://app.adjust.com/abc123Here, the tracker token is
Example tracker URL with appended Adjust parameters
https://app.adjust.com/xyz4567?label=user_id&deeplink=myapp%3A%2F%2Flanding_page_promotion&redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fmywebsite.comHere, the tracker token is
xyz4567. It still appears at the end of the top-level URL (before the query string starting with
Note: Click and impression URLs for the same tracker include the same unique tracker token.
Click and impression URLs redirect to two separate, independently-operated Adjust server endpoints. This helps maintain the integrity of your attribution data, since clicks and impressions use different attribution windows. Use click URLs for your click-based campaigns, and impression URLs for your view-through campaigns.