Adjust Testing Console
With the Adjust Testing Console you can see test device data in the Adjust Dashboard. This lets you know what is being tracked by Adjust. Enter your advertising ID to review attribution data and check event activity. You can also "forget" your device. This clears your device data from Adjust, letting you run tests on the same device multiple times.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- Admin, Editor, or Custom Editor permissions
To test that Adjust is properly tracking your device, make sure you use a mobile device that:
- Does not have your app installed
- Is not already saved in Adjust - see Forget Device
To let Adjust attribute by device matching, append your advertising ID to the corresponding Adjust parameter in your tracker URL. If you do not, make sure that Probabilistic Matching is turned ON.
To check your device data, follow these steps on your test device:
- Click on your Adjust tracker URL.
- Download the latest app version with the Adjust SDK integrated.
- Open the app.
In the Adjust Dashboard
- Navigate to your app and select your app options caret (^).
- Select All Settings > Testing Console.
- Enter your Advertising ID.
- Select VIEW DEVICE DATA.
- Optional: To continue testing within the console, select INSPECT DEVICE.
When you request to view your device data, you can see the following fields. Expand the rows to see their available values and what they mean.
Adjust tracker token
Last session time
Last event times
Last app version
Last app version short
Signature acceptance status
Signature verification result
Last subscription event type
Last subscription event subtype
Adjust tracks an install as the first app open from an unrecognized device. This means an install can only occur once per device.
To test install or unique event tracking on the same device multiple times, you need to clear it from Adjust. This removes its advertising ID and activity history. In the Testing Console, this is the Forget Device function.
Forget Device clears your device on a per-app basis. This means you clear your device of all its previously tracked activity for your app.
To clear your device from Adjust, first delete your app from the test device. Then, follow these steps.
In the Adjust dashboard
- Navigate to your app and select your app overview caret (^)
- Select All Settings > Testing Console
- Enter your Advertising ID
- Select VIEW DEVICE DATA
- Select FORGET DEVICE