Set up an app in your Facebook Developer account
Before you set up Facebook in Adjust, you need to create an app in your Facebook Developer account. This generates the App ID that you need to connect your Facebook app to Adjust.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
If you've already registered as a Facebook developer, skip this step.
- Go to Facebook for Developers.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Select Get Started to register as a Facebook developer.
This section provides instructions on setting up an app in Facebook. If you've already set up an app, skip this section.
- Log in to your Facebook developer account.
- Go to the My Apps section.
- Select Create App.
- Under What do you want your app to do, choose the use case for your app.
- Choose the type of app.
- Provide an app name, contact details, and select Create App.
- Once you create the app, an App ID is assigned. You need this value while setting up Facebook in Adjust.
- Go to Settings > Basic, and select Add Platform.
- Choose your platform and enter additional platform-specific details:
- Go to Publish > Go live, and select Go live to publish your app.
- In the left navigation pane, under the Submit for review section, you need to go through the app review and business verification process with Facebook.
Log in to your Facebook Developer account and select My Apps.
You need the following values from your Facebook app while setting up Facebook in Adjust:
- (Required) Facebook App ID - In your Facebook Developer account, go to your app. Make note of the App ID.
- (Android only - Recommended) Decryption key - In your Facebook Developer account, go to Settings > Basic. Under the Android section, make note of the Decryption key. You need this only if you're exporting device-level data through raw data exports. This enriches campaign data for Android users. Ignore this setting for iOS.
Facebook App ID
In this section, learn how to associate ad accounts that are running your campaign with your Facebook app. You can associate multiple ad accounts with your app.
- In your Facebook app, go to Settings > Advanced.
- Under the Advertising Accounts section, enter the Authorized Ad Account IDs that are used to run campaigns.
In this section, learn how to promote your app across Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Audience Network.
- In Facebook Ads Manager, choose the ad account associated with your app.
- Select Create to create a new campaign.
- Choose App promotion as the campaign objective.
- Choose the appropriate campaign type.
- Go to 1 Ad set, and under the App section, enter the app name or exact store URL of the app you want to promote.
- Configure the remaining settings in this section. For detailed instructions, follow the steps in Facebook's documentation.
In this section, learn how to send event activity to Facebook from Adjust.
- In Facebook Ads Manager, go to Events Manager, and select Partner Integrations.
- Search and select Adjust.
- Select Connect account.
- Select the Facebook app that you created.
Your setup in Facebook Ads Manager is complete. Now, you need to go to Adjust, and map Adjust events to Facebook events.
When your events are triggered, you'll be able to see event details under Data sources in Facebook Events Manager.
Instead of defining events in the Facebook SDK, you can define equivalent events on Adjust and link them to Facebook. Defining events on Adjust also allows you to link the events to other networks besides Facebook.
To disable Facebook SDK event logging, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook developer account.
- Select your app.
- Go to Settings > Basic.
- For each of your platforms, ensure that you've turned off the toggle for Log In-App Events Automatically.
Additionally, you need to do the following in your app:
- Disable automatic event logging in the Facebook SDK - iOS | Android | Unity
- Remove manually logged events in the Facebook SDK - iOS | Android | Unity
You need to copy the Connection URL from the Conversion Hub in Adjust, and paste it in Facbook Events Manager. This provides Facebook with a link to your conversion value mappings.
- In Facebook Ads Manager, go to Events Manager, and select Data sources.
- Choose the Facebook app that you created.
- Go to Settings.
- Under Configure App Events for SKAdNetwork, select Start Setting Up Events or Edit Events if you have configured it before.
- Select Import from Partner App, and select Next.
- Paste the Connection URL that you copied from Adjust's Conversion Hub, and select Connect.
- Review your imported configurations, and select Confirm.
In Events Manager, select Start Setting Up Events.
Great! Your app setup in Facebook is complete. Now, go ahead and ensure that you complete all steps to set up Facebook in Adjust.