Set up Facebook in Adjust
With Adjust’s Facebook integration, you can measure the performance of your marketing efforts on Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and Facebook Audience Network.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- A registered Facebook app
- Adjust SDK v4.0.0 and later to map SDK parameters to network parameters. Follow the guides linked below to use this feature.
iOS / Android / Windows / Unity / React Native / Flutter / Adobe Air / Cordova / Marmalade / Xamarin / Cocos2d-x / Titanium / Corona
To set up Facebook for your app:
- Under Campaign Lab, select Ad networks.
- Select New network.
- In the Network selection screen, choose Facebook, and select Next.
- In the App selection screen, choose your app, and select Next.
You can now set your data sharing options and map Adjust events and parameters for Facebook to receive.
Once you're done, review your selection and enable Adjust measurement for Facebook on your app.
- In the Setup review screen, review your settings and make any necessary changes.
- Select Enable network to enable Facebook measurement for your app.
Share data with Facebook to optimize your campaigns. In the Data sharing screen, follow these steps.
- In the App ID field, enter your Facebook Developer App ID. Your Facebook Developer App ID comes from your Facebook Developer account. This App ID should be the same for all your apps in Adjust, regardless of platform.
- Follow the steps in Facebook documentation to find your Facebook Developer App ID.
- (Optional) In the Decryption key field, enter your decryption key. This enriches your raw data with certain campaign details for Android apps.
- Follow the steps in Facebook documentation to find your Decryption key.
Once you enable data sharing, Adjust sends data from all attribution sources to Facebook, by default. This includes data attributed to Facebook, data attributed to other networks, and organic data.
You can select to send additional data to Facebook. This inclues:
- Ad revenue (from ad views): to send your ad revenue callbacks to Facebook. Your ad revenue data will display in Facebook Ads Manager under
fb_mobile_purchase. This value is hardcoded and cannot be changed.
- Uninstalls and reinstalls: to send uninstall and reinstall data to Facebook. This is available only if you have purchased Adjust's Uninstall and Reinstall Growth Solution.
- In-app revenue (from in-app purchases): to send detailed revenue data to your Facebook Ads Manager dashboard. You need to map events that generate revenue to share this data.
- Parameters: to share all partner parameters configured in the Adjust SDK for any activity you share with Facebook. You usually need to map parameters to share this data.
Facebook's Aggregated Event Measurement (AEM) is a protocol that measures app events from iOS 14.5 and later.
With AEM, you can set up two types of campaign:
Mobile App Install (MAI): for new user acquisition campaigns.
Mobile App Re-Engagement (MAE): for retargeting and re-engagement campaigns directed at existing users.
Adjust's Facebook integration automatically supports MAI campaigns. So to get set up for MAI, you need to:
If you want to run MAE campaigns, you need to complete these two additional steps:
- Configure an app scheme and enable universal linking in your app.
- Turn on the toggle for Enable AEM for MAE. This indicates to Facebook that they can use the Aggregated Event Measurement protocol to measure events from your app.
Once dashboard setup is complete and you're ready to launch your campaign, make sure to also set up your raw data to receive MAE campaign information.
- Adjust measures reattributions for Facebook automatically. With the toggle for Enable reattribution measurement ON, Adjust sends all app sessions to Facebook. If Facebook can show a qualifying engagement, it will be awarded a reattribution.
- With the toggle for Enable limited data use (CCPA) ON, you stay compliant with CCPA. This signals to Facebook when California-based users opt out of having their data disclosed or shared with third parties.
You can share in-app event data with Facebook directly for precise targeting. This is required for event-based bid optimization.
To optimize your Facebook campaigns on Adjust events, you must link each event to one of the standard Facebook events. Below you can see how each available Facebook event appears in Adjust. Read Facebook's documentation for more information about events.
With Facebook’s custom event optimization, you can directly optimize custom app events from your campaign in Facebook. These custom events are available to most App Install campaigns, including Automated App Ads and Manual App Ads.
All you need to do is link your Adjust events as custom events, and Adjust passes them to Facebook for optimization.
If you selected In-app revenue (from in-app purchases) to send detailed revenue data to your Facebook Ads Manager dashboard, you need to map events that generate revenue. To map your events, follow these steps.
- Select Map event.
- In the Adjust event list, select the Adjust event that you want to share with Facebook.
- In the Network event list, select the Facebook event that corresponds to your Adjust event, or else enter a custom event name.
- Select Apply.
If the raw data parameters you collect in the SDK differ from the values supported by Facebook, you can define mappings so that Facebook can receive that data.
You can view this section only if you have selected Parameters under Set your data sharing options.
To map your parameters, follow these steps.
- Select Map parameter.
- In the SDK parameter field, enter the name of your Adjust partner parameter as written in the Adjust SDK.
- In the Network parameter field, enter the corresponding Facebook parameter name.
- Select Apply.
Adjust forwards custom event details directly to Facebook for any of your linked events.
Now that you've enabled Adjust measurement with Facebook for your app, you need to set up your campaign in Facebook.
- Set up your campaign in the Facebook Ads Manager dashboard.
- Corresponding links are created automatically and appear on the network details page.
- (Optional) Customize your attribution settings from the Facebook network details page. This is available only after you set up your campaign in the Facebook Ads Manager dashboard.
- Facebook only claims click-based sessions in their API, not impression-based sessions. For this reason, Adjust can only measure click-based reattributions for Facebook, not impression-based reattributions.