SKAdNetwork Facebook integration
With Adjust's SKAdNetwork integration with Facebook, you can use the Adjust SDK to manage conversion values in your app and optimize Facebook SKAdNetwork campaigns based on Adjust events. Here, you'll find out how to share your conversion value mapping with Facebook for optimization.
To use the Facebook SDK for any SKAdNetwork feature, such as managing the conversion value, check Facebook's guidelines or reach out to your Facebook representative.
You can run the following types of campaign with Facebook on SKAN.
|Name||Description||Mapping type||CV Window|
|MAI||Mobile App Install||6 bit or 63 CVs|
(For 63 CVs, any CV value > 0 demonstrates an install)
|24 hours (recommended)|
|AEO||App Event Optimization||6 bit or 63 CVs||24 hours (recommended)|
|VO||Maximising value of conversions: value optimization on revenue and purchases||63 CVs||24 hours (required)|
Before you can run a SKAN campaign with Facebook, you need to ensure the following steps are taken.
To connect your Facebook account, follow our Connect partner credentials steps.
Adjust uses your credentials to pull SKAdNetwork data from Facebook's API. If your account is not connected, you will not see SKAdNetwork reporting.
Classic dashboard steps
Use the resources below to see how to set up event linking in Adjust and for information about Facebook's supported events.
Classic dashboard steps
Use the Conversion Hub to set up conversion value mappings. Adjust offers two setups you can use, depending upon your experience with SKAN campaigns.
The Advanced setup model enables you to map data to all 63 conversion values. This approach gives you greater flexibility when configuring your SKAdNetwork campaigns.
You can measure the following information using the Advanced setup model:
|Events||Whichever Facebook events you mapped to Adjust events in step 2|
When you use the Maximize value of conversions feature, Meta uses machine learning to predict your highest value customer. This enables Meta to improve the return on ad spend (ROAS) of your campaign.
When running a Facebook VO campaign on SKAN, be aware of the following when setting up your CV mappings in Conversion Hub.
- Your mappings must include revenue ranges, and therefore can only be set up with a 63 CV mapping.
- A minimum of 4 different revenue ranges need to be set. The revenue can be both in-app revenue and ad revenue.
- Ranges must be set in consecutive order.
- The postback window must not exceed 24 hours.
- You can map Facebook events or your own events.
- You can use a mapping with Time Intervals. However, this needs to be pre-approved and set up in collaboration with Facebook.
To complete setup, you need to provide Facebook with a link to your conversion value mappings. Facebook calls this your Connection URL.
To find and copy your Connection URL, follow these steps in AppView:
- Under AppView, select All apps.
- Select your app from the list or use the search bar to find it.
- Select SKAN Conversion Hub.
- Find the Connection URL under the Facebook Connection URL section.
- Copy the URL using the Copy() button.
For a full guide of all setup required in Facebook, see our guide to setting up an app in Facebook.
To browse to the location where you can paste the Connection URL, follow these steps in Facebook Events Manager:
- Select the Data sources icon on the left pane.
- Select the app to configure, in this case the Adjust data source.
- Go to Settings.
- Ensure that the SKAdNetwork for Facebook SDK setting is switched off.
- Under Configure App Events for SKAdNetwork, select Start Setting Up Events or Edit Events if you have configured it before.
- Select Import from Partner App, and select Next.
- Paste the Connection URL that you copied from Adjust's Conversion Hub, and select Connect.
- Review your imported configurations, and select Confirm.
After adding the Adjust Connection URL, Facebook's SKAdNetwork conversion value support is automatically switched off and Adjust handles the conversion values.
To receive SKAdNetwork reporting data, Adjust uses your Facebook account credentials to make requests to the Facebook Insights API. Ensure you have linked your Facebook Ads account to Adjust under DataWorks.
Facebook does not send Adjust the full SKAdNetwork install payload, meaning that some datapoints are not available in your aggregated reporting or raw data.
Use these links to see exactly what data you can and cannot see from your Facebook SKAdNetwork campaign reporting.