Set up TikTok For Business (SAN)
With Adjust’s TikTok For Business SAN integration, you can measure the performance of your campaigns with TikTok for Business.
How does Adjust measure installs with TikTok For Business?
- Since TikTok For Business does not use Adjust link URLs, Adjust sends them every app session our SDK reports.
- If TikTok For Business recognizes the activity, they respond with the device identifier and timestamp.
- Following our own attribution method, Adjust then uses the engagement data from all networks to attribute the install to the last source.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
Adjust SDK v4.0.0 and later to map SDK parameters to network parameters. Follow the guides linked below to use this feature.
iOS / Android / Windows / Unity / React Native / Flutter / Adobe Air / Cordova / Marmalade / Xamarin / Cocos2d-x / Titanium / Corona
Inform your TikTok representative when you activate the SAN integration in Adjust. During your transition to the SAN integration, do not deactivate the non-SAN module.
To activate the non-SAN integration and create the campaign link, follow the steps outlined in our ad network setup guide. When asked to select a network, enter Tiktok for business. Ensure that you use the same settings for both integrations.
To set up TikTok For Business for your app, follow these steps.
- Under Campaign Lab, select Partners.
- Select New partner.
- In the Partner selection screen, choose TikTok For Business (SAN), and select Next.
- In the App selection screen, choose your app, and select Next.
Then, set your data sharing options, review your setup, and enable TikTok For Business for your app.
Share data with TikTok to optimize your campaigns. In the Data sharing screen, follow these steps.
- Turn on the Enabled toggle.
- (Optional, but recommended) Enter your TikTok App ID.
- Separate multiple TikTok App IDs with a comma. TikTok then parses them out accordingly on their end.
Once you enable data sharing, Adjust sends TikTok data for all installs, attributed to them from all attribution sources, by default. This includes data attributed to TikTok, data attributed to other networks, and organic data. Additionally, you can choose to share the following data with TikTok.
- Select Ad revenue (from ad views) to send your ad revenue callbacks (from ad views) to TikTok.
- Select Sessions to send session callbacks to TikTok.
- If you run retargeting campaigns, we recommend that you send sessions to TikTok. This lets Adjust use any sessions that TikTok claims for reattribution.
- Select In-app revenue (from in-app purchases) to send detailed revenue data to TikTok. You need to map events that generate revenue to share this data.
- Select Parameters to share all partner parameters configured in the Adjust SDK for any activity you share with TikTok. You usually need to map parameters to share this data.
- Adjust measures reattributions for TikTok automatically. Turn on Enable reattribution measurement to send all app sessions to TikTok. If TikTok can show a qualifying engagement, it will be awarded a reattribution.
Map your events to send in-app events to TikTok so they show in your TikTok For Business dashboard.
If you selected In-app revenue (from in-app purchases) in your data sharing options to send detailed revenue data to TikTok, ensure that you map at least one revenue event to TikTok.
To forward in-app events or revenue events to TikTok, follow these steps.
- Select Map event.
- In the Adjust event list, select the Adjust event that you want to share with TikTok.
- In the Partner event list, select an applicable TikTok event, or enter a custom event name.
- Select Apply.
- Character limit: Up to 50 characters.
- Characters: Only alphabetic letters, Arabic numerals, underscores, and dashes are accepted.
- Format: Must start with an alphabetic letter and cannot end with a space.
If the raw data parameters you collect in the SDK differ from the values supported by TikTok, you can define mappings so that TikTok can receive that data.
You can view this section only if you have selected Parameters under Set your data sharing options.
To map your parameters, follow these steps.
- Select Map parameter.
- In the SDK parameter field, enter the name of your Adjust partner parameter as written in the Adjust SDK.
- In the Partner parameter field, enter the corresponding TikTok For Business parameter name.
- Select Apply.
After you set this up, Adjust will forward custom event details directly to TikTok for any of your linked events.
- Adjust measures reattributions for TikTok automatically. With the toggle for Enable reattribution measurement ON, Adjust sends all app sessions to TikTok. If TikTok can show a qualifying engagement, it will be awarded a reattribution.
- In the Setup review screen, review your choices. Make any changes, if required.
- Select Enable network to enable TikTok For Business (SAN) for your app, and enable data sharing, if set up.
Go to TikTok For Business and set up your campaign.
- Corresponding links are created automatically and appear on the network details page.
(Optional) Customize your attribution settings from the TikTok For Business (SAN) network details page.