Custom link setup
Custom links are links created for campaigns that are not run through an ad network. These links can be used in emails, social media posts or profiles, owned websites, influencer campaigns, and so on.
With this end-to-end setup, you can:
- Create a link for your app
- Add sub-level links
- Set up deep links based on user's device type
- Set attribution settings at the link level
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- Admin, Editor, or Custom Editor permissions
- You should be able to create a link after you have added an app. If you face any issues, reach out to your Technical Account Manager or contact email@example.com.
To get started with creating your custom link, follow these steps.
- Under Campaign Lab, select Custom links.
- Select New link.
- In the App selection screen, choose the app for which you want to create the link.
- In the Link structure screen, add a name for your top-level channel link. Optionally, add campaign, adgroup, and creative sub-levels to set up your link structure.
- (Optional) In the User destinations screen, provide information for deep links, redirects, and fallbacks to add to your link.
- (Optional) In the Attribution settings screen, set custom attribution settings for new and existing users. These attribution settings are available for clicks only. If you skip this step, attribution settings that you chose during app setup will apply.
- In the Link review screen, review your choices, and make any changes as necessary.
- Select Create link to generate the click URL, QR code, and link token.
Share the link with your team or partners to use in campaigns.