Tracking pre-installed Android apps for networks
There are different ways to help your Adjust clients track the success of their pre-installed apps on Android.
Here, you'll learn what you need to keep in mind when setting up pre-install tracking and building successful pre-install callbacks. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- Your client's pre-install tracker token(s)
- The ability to broadcast an
To run Adjust-tracked pre-install campaigns, follow these steps.
- Use the tracker token provided by the client
abc123is the tracker token (tracker tokens may be six or seven characters long; always use the full tracker token)
- Format the
INSTALL_REFERRERreferrer value using the required parameters
- Include the source of the install (either adjust_store or adjust_preinstall) and your client's Adjust tracker token(s)
- You can include campaign information up to three sublevels deep (we use the parameters in the chart below to report your campaign structure data). To receive campaign information at the campaign, creative, or adgroup level, use the parameters in the chart below.
- Broadcast the
INSTALL_REFERRERintent with your new referrer after the app finishes installing on the user's device.
Note: Encode any information that follows referrer=. Double encode any callback URLs included with the referrer.
|utm_source||adjust_preinstall or adjust_store (these are interchangeable)|
|adjust_tracker||Adjust tracker token, for example abc123|
Note: This is a minimum-length tracker token. Always use the entire tracker token displayed in your Adjust dashboard.
Adjust lets you attach callback URLs directly to tracker URLs. This automatically fires a callback to your endpoint upon conversion. Use our Tracker URL Generator to make sure your formatting is correct.
To track installs, events, sessions, rejected installs and reattributions in your clients' pre-install campaigns, use the campaign parameters in the chart below.
Note: if you include callback URLs with the referrer, make sure to double encode them.
Example referrer intent (this example includes a callback, which is double encoded)