Ad spend tracking
Adjust offers numerous ad network integrations that let you track your mobile advertising spend down to the lowest campaign levels. Here, you'll learn how to get started with tracking ad spend data and how to send unaggregated, user-level data to your BI system or cloud storage.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- Admin user permissions (for Facebook, Google, Twitter and Tencent)
- Admin or Editor user permissions (for Snapchat, AppLovin and Apple Search Ads)
- Business Pro (or higher) pricing plan
- Linked account(s) in Partner Ad Accounts
- Adjust automatically tracks ad spend for tracker URLs linked to an ad spend partner (if you have a Business Pro or higher pricing plan). To disable ad spend tracking on a tracker URL, follow these steps.
- Before you export your raw ad spend data, confirm how your ad spend partner is integrated with Adjust
Adjust offers special integrations with certain partners. Click the links below for more information.
In your Adjust dashboard you can view aggregated ad spend data. For information on ad spend Statistics and KPIs in the Adjust dashboard, see our ad spend reporting article.
Adjust sends user-level ad spend data through raw data exports. There are two ways to export your ad spend data:
- Real-time callbacks to your servers / BI system
- CSV uploads to cloud storage (e.g., Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage)
Your raw data export setup depends on how your network is integrated with Adjust. Adjust integrates with ad spend networks in two ways:
Ad spend API integration
Cost on engagement method
Confirm which method your network uses to send ad spend data to Adjust. The two methods are activated the same way, but require different setup. Use the table below to see what activity to use and the parameters you should add to your tracker URLs.
|Ad Spend API||Ad spend, Global||Ad spend|
|Cost on engagement||Click, Impression, Install, Global||Click, Impression, Install|
To export user-level ad spend data, append placeholders to your callback string or include them in your CSV definition:
|Adjust placeholder||Value delivered|
|The campaign pricing model|
|Cost of the user engagement|
|SO 4217 currency code of the cost data|
|Cost of the user engagement converted to your app's reporting currency and as reported in the Adjust Dashboard|
|An MD5 hash of the cost ID provided by the network (only available when the network is using Adjust's ad spend API)|
Adjust supports the following campaign pricing models.
|CPM: Cost per Mille (Cost per Impression)||The advertiser pays the publisher every time a thousand impressions are recorded on a single advert. No engagement with the ad is required for this model and it is typically associated with brand awareness campaigns.|
|CPC: Cost per Click||The advertiser pays the publisher every time a user clicks on an advert. There does not have to be any additional activity.|
|CPE: Cost per Engagement||The advertiser pays the publisher when a user clicks on an advert and performs in-app activities, such as make a purchase. CPE is specific to in-app engagements.|
|CPI: Cost per Install||The advertiser pays the publisher every time a user clicks an advert and then goes on to install the app featured within that campaign.|