Web-to-mobile ad spend
You can retrieve ad spend data for your mobile web or desktop web campaigns that result in app installs.
Depending on the method that you set up to retrieve your ad spend data, you can receive aggregated ad spend data or user-level ad spend data.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- You need to be on the SpendWorks Core, Enterprise or Custom package to get the Web-to-mobile ad spend solution on your account.
- Adjust receives ad spend information from networks. This data does not include App ID and Store type. So, if we get 100 installs and $50 ad spend reported by the network on a web campaign, we cannot distinguish what part of your ad spend resulted in installs on the iOS platform or the Android platform.
- Using mapping rules, Adjust assigns an
Store typeto web campaigns. However, we can only target the Apple App Store OR the Google Play Store. We cannot target multiple stores at the same time. As a result, we use the following assignment rules:
- (Recommended) For a single platform app / multi-platform app in Adjust and a single platform campaign, Adjust assigns the App ID and Store type to the ad spend data for the platform that the campaign is targeting.
- For a multi-platform app in Adjust and a multi-platform campaign, you need to decide with Adjust which platform you want the data to be assigned.
Ad spend data is fixed and corrected on the network's side, and can change over a period of a few days. So, Adjust pulls ad spend data from networks daily for the last 14 days. Additionally, you can request Adjust to refetch and ingest your data.
Example: Adjust pulls ad spend data from Network A on February 16th. We pull data for the previous 14 days, meaning that this pull includes data from February 2nd - 15th.
|Date we collect ad spend for||Lookback day||Daily collection time|
|February 15||Day 1||05:00 UTC|
Configurable to 01:00 UTC or 10:00 UTC
|February 14 - February 9||Day 2 - Day 7||07:00 UTC|
|February 8 - February 2||Day 8 - Day 14||09:00 UTC|
If you want to optimize your campaigns from the same day, refer to the Same day ad spend solution that is a part of the SpendWorks Core package.
When you connect a partner in DataWorks for the first time, Adjust automatically pulls data for the last 30 days automatically.
- Set up an app in Adjust.
- Set up the appropriate ad spend data method to retrieve ad spend. Depending on the method that you set up to retrieve your ad spend data, you can receive aggregated ad spend data or user-level ad spend data:
- Create a link associated with the partner you’re working with and want to receive ad spend data from. You can create multiple links if necessary.
- As your campaigns are live, ad spend data will appear in Datascape.
- The app for which the link, partner or SAN has been configured
- The network from which ad spend data is pulled