Ad spend on engagement
The ad spend on engagement method records user-level ad spend. When you use this method to record ad spend, Adjust receives ad spend information at the time of ad click or impression.
This method records user-level ad spend for the following campaign pricing models:
|Campaign pricing model||Description|
|CPM: Cost per Mille (Cost per Impression)||The advertiser pays the publisher every time a thousand impressions are recorded on a single ad. No engagement with the ad is required for this model and it is typically associated with brand awareness campaigns.|
|CPC: Cost per Click||The advertiser pays the publisher every time a user clicks on an ad. There does not have to be any additional activity.|
|CPI: Cost per Install||The advertiser pays the publisher every time a user clicks an ad and then goes on to install the app featured within that campaign.|
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- You need to be on the SpendWorks Base, Core, Enterprise, or Custom package to get the Ad spend on engagement solution on your account.
- Adjust clients create a link.
- Adjust clients append the following necessary parameters to the link. You can also automatically append these parameters while setting up the ad network.
- Adjust clients share these links with networks.
- Networks use the shared link URL to display the ad to users.
- At the time of click or impression, Adjust receives ad spend information.
- Adjust populates data for the Ad spend (Attribution) metric for these networks.
- No implementation is needed from Adjust.
- It is easy to set up and can work with any ad network that can append ad spend macros to Adjust’s click or impression link URLs behind their ad.
- The amount of ad spend is calculated based on the total number of engagements based on the cost type that you defined for the links specifically.