SKAN ad spend
You can retrieve aggregated SKAN ad spend data for your SKAdNetwork campaigns with Apple's registered partners. Adjust uses API integrations to retrieve this SKAN ad spend data.
To start measuring SKAN ad spend for supported partners, you need to connect them to your account in Adjust. You can then use Datascape to build customizable and granular reports.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- You need to be on the SpendWorks Base, Core, Enterprise, or Custom package to get the SKAN ad spend solution on your account.
- Tapjoy (iOS video campaigns only)
- The Adjust servers schedule the collection of ad spend data from networks running SKAdNetwork campaigns.
- Ad spend data is pulled from the networks via API integration, and sent to Adjust servers.
- The Adjust servers recognize these campaigns as SKAdNetwork campaigns and categorize this data as SKAN ad spend.
- SKAN ad spend data reports in Datascape or may be pulled through the Report Service API. Depending on the partner, this SKAN ad spend data is available under the following metrics:
Ad spend data is fixed and corrected on the network's side, and can change over a period of a few days. So, Adjust pulls ad spend data from networks daily for the last 14 days. Additionally, you can request Adjust to refetch and ingest your data.
Example: Adjust pulls ad spend data from Network A on February 16th. We pull data for the previous 14 days, meaning that this pull includes data from February 2nd - 15th.
|Date we collect ad spend for||Lookback day||Daily collection time|
|February 15||Day 1||05:00 UTC|
Configurable to 01:00 UTC or 10:00 UTC
|February 14 - February 9||Day 2 - Day 7||07:00 UTC|
|February 8 - February 2||Day 8 - Day 14||09:00 UTC|
If you want to optimize your campaigns from the same day, refer to the Same day ad spend solution that is a part of the SpendWorks Core package.
When you connect a partner in DataWorks for the first time, Adjust automatically pulls data for the last 30 days automatically.
- Set up an iOS app.
- Verify your app ID so that network data appears properly in reports.
- Set up SKAdNetwork in your app and map conversion values.
- Set up the AppTrackingTransparency (ATT) framework to get users' consent for tracking.
- Connect supported SKAN ad spend partners in DataWorks.
- Create a link associated with the SKAN ad spend partner you’re working with and want to pull data from. You can create multiple links if necessary.
- Once your campaigns are live, ad spend data will appear in Datascape. See the table in this section to view the metrics under which this data is available.
- The app for which the link, partner or SAN has been configured
- The network from which ad spend data is pulled