Accepted device identifiers
Adjust recognizes the following advertising and device IDs as valid forms of identification for conducting attribution when provided within the parameters below.
Advertising and device IDs are defined as follows:
- Advertising ID
- Used explicitly for advertising purposes. Device users have the option to reset the ID or can refuse to share it (such as limit ad tracking settings).
- Adjust stores advertising IDs and they can be used for retargeting purposes.
- Device ID
- Permanently attached to the device without users having the option to reset it or deny sharing rights.
- Adjust does not record device IDs by default, nor do we store raw device IDs; we only use them for attribution purposes.
|Raw Amazon Fire advertising ID||Lowercase, with hyphens|
|Raw Google advertising ID||Lowercase, with hyphens|
|Hashed Google advertising ID||Uppercase, with hyphens, MD5|
|Hashed Google advertising ID||Lowercase, with hyphens, MD5|
|Hashed Google advertising ID||Uppercase, with hyphens, SHA1|
|Hashed Google advertising ID||Lowercase, with hyphens, SHA1|
|Raw IDFA||Uppercase, with hyphens|
|Hashed IDFA||Lowercase, with hyphens, MD5 hash|
|Hashed IDFA||Lowercase, with hyphens, SHA1 hash|
|Hashed IDFA||Uppercase, with hyphens, MD5 hash|
|Hashed IDFA||Uppercase, with hyphens, SHA1 hash|
|Raw IDFA||Without hyphens|
|Raw OAID||Lowercase, with hyphens|
|Hashed OAID||Lowercase, with hyphens, MD5 hash|
||Raw Windows advertising ID||Without hyphens|
* Only available for Android devices and requires the OAID plugin.
|Raw Android ID||Lowercase, without hyphens|
|Hashed Android ID||Lowercase, MD5|
|Hashed Android ID||Lowercase, SHA1|
|Hashed Android ID||Uppercase, MD5|
|Hashed Android ID||Uppercase, SHA1|
|Raw IDFV||Uppercase, with hyphens|
|Raw IMEI||Without hyphens|
|Hashed IMEI||Lowercase, without hyphens|
|Raw MEID||Uppercase, without hyphens|
|Raw Windows network adapter ID||Lowercase, with hyphens|
|Raw Windows Store hardware ID||Without hyphens|
*Adjust only uses the Android ID for attribution when either the
gps_adid or the
oaid are unavailable.
**The IDFV should be used when running cross-promotional campaigns (e.g., via email) targeting users with LAT enabled. The IDFV provides more accurate attribution than only relying on probabilistic modeling.