iOS app verification
An iOS app needs to be verified before you can receive any SKAdNetwork data or set up any conversion value mappings in Conversion Hub. Follow the instructions in this article to request and manage your iOS app verification.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- Admin, Editor, or Custom Editor permissions
Once Adjust verifies your App ID, you can use Adjust's SKAdNetwork solution for your app.
SKAN postbacks are sent by Apple to the network running the ads, who can enrich certain fields before sending the postback on to Adjust. The postback only contains the explicit Apple App ID as an identifier Adjust can use to assign that postback data to a specific app within our system.
Since the Apple App ID is publically available, app verification is essential to keep your data secure. It means that Adjust can check that you are the legitimate app owner, and no one can falsely add your app to the account and receive your app's SKAN postback data.
Log in to your App Store Connect account using your Apple ID.
Adjust requires the following parameters to generate a JSON Web Token (JWT), and authorize requests to the App Store Connect API.
- In App Store Connect, select the Users and Access icon.
- Select the Keys tab.
- Under the Key Type menu on the left, select App Store Connect API.
- At the top of the page, next to Issuer ID, select Copy.
We recommend you generate an API key dedicated for Adjust verification.
- Select Generate API Key or + icon to create a new key.
- If you have not already requested API access in your App Store Connect account, complete the request to do so.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the key.
- In the Access field, select
Developeras the role.
- Select Generate.
- Your new API key appears in the list of active keys with its Key ID.
- On the key you generated, hover over the value in the Key ID column. Select the Copy Key ID link that appears.
- Select the Download () icon.
- Select Download to proceed.
- Copy the entire App Store Connect API key from the downloaded file.
- From the overview in Connections select + New connection.
App Store Connectin the list of partners.
- Select iOS App Verification as the service.
- Paste in your Private key.
- Enter your Issuer ID.
- Enter your Key ID.
- Select Connect.
After you request to connect your account, Adjust generates a JSON web token (JWT) and requests specific app information from the App Store Connect API.
If the authentication parameters you enter are valid, then the connection is set up. If there is a problem with the values you provide, you'll see an error.
To request that Adjust verify your app ID, follow these steps in the Adjust dashboard.
- Navigate to AppView > All apps.
- Select your app from the list.
- Select the Platforms tab.
Apple App Store, enter your App ID.
- Select Request verification.
- Check the app ID verification status as a badge on the App Store icon.
- Requested App ID verification, but App ID not verified – App Store icon displays a red badge with an iOS App ID verification requested message.
- App ID verified – App Store icon displays a green badge with an iOS App ID verified message.
If there is an issue with verifying your app ID, a modal will display stating verification has failed.
If you have not yet entered your authentication parameters in Connections, select Go to Connections, and follow the steps under the "Connect to App Store Connect in Connections" section above.
If you have already entered your authentication parameters in Connections, double-check that the app ID you entered in the Adjust dashboard matches the app ID in App Store Connect.
Once you have entered the authentication parameters in Connections and you have confirmed that the app ID is correct, select Request verification again. If you are still receiving the error modal, this can indicate another issue (e.g., authentication parameters are valid, but are for the wrong App Store Connect account). Please contact your Adjust representative or firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Adjust only requires the connection to the App Store Connect API for a one-time verification of your iOS apps. Once you have confirmed that the verification is complete, we recommend removing the connection as a proactive security measure. Follow the below steps in the Adjust dashboard to remove the connection:
- Under DataWorks, select Connections.
- In the list of partners, select App Store Connect.
- Under the Actions column, select the Delete icon.
- Select Delete.
In the future, if you add iOS apps to your Adjust account, you can follow the steps in this article to connect to the App Store Connect API again using the same API key and verify the new apps. When you are done verifying iOS apps, you can revoke the API key you created in App Store Connect by following the below steps:
- Log in to your App Store Connect account using an Apple ID that has an admin role and has access to your apps.
- Select the Users and Access icon.
- Select the Keys tab.
- To the right of the Active keys section, select the Edit button.
- To the left of each key you want to revoke, select the checkbox.
- Select Revoke Key.
- Select Revoke.