Set up connected TV campaigns in Smadex
With Adjust's partnership with Smadex, you can add your Adjust tracker URL to the campaign creative that you uploaded to Smadex. This lets you measure the success of your CTV campaigns and their role in driving mobile app installs.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- You need Write permissions to add creatives and pixels in Smadex.
- Your individual creative size does not exceed Smadex's limits.
- Smadex supports both landscape and portrait videos.
- For connected TV ads, the following specs are recommended: 16:9 ratio, .mp4 file format, 1920 × 1080 px.
To create an Adjust connected TV tracker, follow these steps.
- Find your app and select your app options caret (^).
- Select Tracker URLs.
- Select the Connected TV Trackers tab.
- Select NEW TRACKER.
- Enter a tracker name.
- Select Smadex from the network dropdown menu.
- Select APPLY.
- Optional: Customize the attribution window.
- Select CREATE.
- Append the following parameter-value pairs to your tracker URL to support probabilistic impression tracking.
Here is an example of the connected TV tracker created:
In Smadex, creatives are organized in folders. Within folders you can also upload and update creatives. Each folder belongs to an account. Archive the folder when it is no longer used, or clone it to copy the structure.
To add a creative in Smadex, follow these steps.
- Open the Main menu > Workspace.
- Select Folders.
- Select Create.
- If you have a large number of creatives, you can bulk upload creatives.
Add a creative from the Folder List.
After selecting to add a new creative, the wizard opens.
In Step 1 - Basic information, provide information about the creative.
In Step 2 - Assets, upload the creative file.
The bulk upload button allows the upload of many creatives at once. To perform a bulk edit, you can select several creatives and click the
Lightning button (⚡ icon).
You can add your Adjust connected TV tracker to your campaign creative when you add it using the wizard in Smadex.
To add the Adjust tracker, follow these steps during Step 3 - Tracking.
- For the
Typefield, select Impression Pixel.
- Paste in the connected TV Adjust tracker.
- Select Add.
Great, you can now see your tracker added to the page. To complete setup, confirm all details in Step 4 - Summary.
In Smadex you can specify what device type and device platform you want to target with your campaign. This is done in the line targeting.
To create a line and set up your targeting, you first need to create the structure above it: Account and Campaign.
Here is the hierarchy structure for an agency:
An agency may have different accounts, and the advertising campaigns are organized under them. Each campaign is configured using one or multiple lines. This gives you flexibility to try new strategies and ways of splitting your spend. For more information about setting up line targeting, reach out to a Smadex support representative.
You select your device type targeting at the line level. This view contains all customizable sections of the line and its targeting settings:
And that's it - you're all set!