Add a report
Set up a customized report in tabular format with the metrics and dimensions that are most important to you. Additionally, use charts within your report to visualize your data and gain key insights.
Before you set up this report, ensure that you have set the appropriate data configuration. For more information, see Set up your view.
To add a report, follow these steps:
- In the left navigation pane, do one of the following:
- Select next to Reports.
- Go to All reports and select New report.
- On the right-side pane, you can choose the metrics that you want to measure, and the dimensions by which you want to group the data.
- Under Dimensions, choose the dimensions by which you want to group the data.
- Under Metrics, select the metrics that you want to measure.
- Select Charts to visualize how your key metrics and in-app events change over time. See Chart for more information.
- If you change dimensions, metrics, or any settings, you need to select Reload data to generate the report again.
- Select Save on the upper-right section of the page to save your report. You must save your report for it to be available on the All Reports page. For more information, see Manage your report.
- Name your report.
- Select your sharing settings:
- Private (default): Only available to you on the report list
- Public: Available for anyone in your team on the report list
- Select Save.
You have succesfully created and saved a new report.
Choose the metrics that you want to measure and the dimensions that you want to group them by.
To open the dimensions and metrics pane, select Edit Table. You can close it at any time to get a better view of your report table by selecting the Close button.
- Under Dimensions, choose the dimension by which you want to group the data.
- To add multiple dimensions to a report, select + Add, and choose another dimension. Select next to its name to delete a dimension or select next to Columns to delete all selected dimensions. You need to select at least one dimesion to create a report.
- Select and move to change the order of the dimensions in your report.
For detailed information about the dimensions, use our Datascape dimensions glossary.
- Under Metrics, choose the metric or event that you want to measure. Use the Search field to search for metrics or events, or use categories to navigate to the metric that you want to measure. Based on the metric that you select, you might have to choose additional options. The following categories are available:
- Deliverable KPIs
- Cohorted Performance
- Aggregated Ad Revenue Metrics
- Custom Metrics
- To add multiple metrics to a report, select + Add, and choose another metric. Select next to its name to delete a metric or select next to Columns to delete all selected metrics. You need to select at least one metric to create a report.
- Select and move to change the order of the metrics in your report.
- If you choose the
Clicksmetric, you need to choose its data source.
- If you choose the
Cohort Sizemetric, you need to choose the cohort period. You can choose multiple cohort periods. When you choose multiple cohort periods for the
Cohort Sizemetric, each metric is added separately to the list of metrics.
For detailed information about the metrics, use our Datascape metrics Glossary.
Select Charts to visualize how your key metrics and in-app events change over time. Datascape allows you to customize data visualization using multiple metrics and dimensions.
Your chart view displays the following:
- Your selected dimension on the X axis. You can select up to two dimensions. If you select more than one dimension, Datascape uses the following logic:
- Time-related dimensions always take priority
- Otherwise, the first selected dimension takes priority
- Your selected metrics on the Y axis. See metric types to learn more about them and their restrictions.
- Your metric's data visualization, presented as lines and/or bars.
To make the most out of charts, metrics are divided into different types. These types allow Datascape to give a more robust representation of your data. For example, you want to see the number of app installs over a certain period represented on a timeline. At the same time, you want to visualize the in-app revenue for the same period, represented in bars.
Here are the available metric types:
|Metric type||Description||Example metric|
|Number||Uses numbers as data representation in the Y axis||Installs|
|Currency||Uses amounts from your app's defined currency in the Y axis||IAP revenue|
|Percentage||Uses percentage amounts as data representation in the Y axis||Retention (Cohort Period)|
To modify your metric selection in the chart, follow these steps on your report page:
- Select Charts, and select for the chart that you want to modify.
- In the Metrics shown as lines section, add metrics by selecting the + (Add a metric) button.
- In the Metrics shown as bars section, add metrics by selecting the + (Add a metric) button.
- In the Dimensions section, add up to two dimensions by selecting the + (Add a dimension) button.
- Select Done.
Datascape enables you to choose specific items to analyze in the chart by selecting their names.
When adding more than one dimension, you can select a pre-defined filter to show a number of metric items per dimension in the chart. Available filters:
- Top 5 (default)
- Top 10
- Bottom 5
- Bottom 10
Select All from the list allows you to see all the items of a selected dimension. To make a custom selection:
- Select All.
- If the list of items is short, you can select which elements to show by selecting their names.
- If the list is long, select the button showing the number of remaining items. For example: +14.
- Search for your preferred item by metric name or dimension name, or directly select it from the list.
- Select Close.
Choose the appropriate settings to determine what data is used to create your report. For more information, see Set up your view.
This is how your report is structured:
- The dimensions that you selected while creating the report are always displayed as the first columns of the table.
- The next columns display data for the metrics that you selected.
Viewing data for a specific time period
Comparing data between time periods
➡️ Up Next: Use and manage your report