Set up Yahoo
With Adjust’s Yahoo integration, you can measure the performance of your marketing efforts on Yahoo campaigns.
How does Adjust measure installs with Yahoo?
- Since Yahoo does not use Adjust link URLs, Adjust sends them every app session our SDK reports.
- If Yahoo recognizes the activity, they respond with the device identifier and timestamp.
- Following our own attribution method, Adjust then uses the engagement data from all networks to attribute the install to the last source.
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- App Store App ID or Google Play Store ID
- Pixel ID (Also called Yahoo Conversion Tag ID)
To set up Yahoo for your app, follow these steps.
- Under Campaign Lab, select Ad partners.
- Select New partner.
- In the Partner selection screen, choose Yahoo, and select Next.
- In the App selection screen, choose your app, and select Next.
Then, set your data sharing options, review your setup, and enable Yahoo for your app.
Share data with Yahoo to optimize your campaigns. In the Data sharing screen, follow these steps.
- In the App ID field, enter your App Store or Google Play Store ID.
- (Optional) Enter the Pixel ID.
Once you enable data sharing, Adjust sends Yahoo data for all installs attributed to them, from all attribution sources, by default. This includes data attributed to Yahoo, data attributed to other networks, and organic data.
Additionally, select In-app revenue (from in-app purchases) to send detailed revenue data to Yahoo. You need to map events that generate revenue to share this data.
Map your events to forward in-app event data directly to Yahoo. If you selected In-app revenue (from in-app purchases) to send detailed revenue data to Yahoo, ensure that you map at least one revenue event to Yahoo. While mapping network events, you need to choose action names and categories for the corresponding Adjust event.
To forward in-app events or revenue events to Yahoo, follow these steps.
- Select Map event.
- In the Adjust event list, select the Adjust event that you want to share with Yahoo.
- Under Partner event, set up action names and categories for the Adjust event. To locate action names and categories within Yahoo, select Shared Library tab > Conversion Rules > In app events.
- In the Action list, select an action from the list or enter a custom action name.
- In the Category list, select a predefined Yahoo event that matches closely with the Adjust event or enter a custom category name.
- Select Apply.
- In the Setup review screen, review your choices. Make any changes, if required.
- Select Enable network to enable Yahoo for your app, and enable data sharing, if set up.
Go to Yahoo and set up your campaign.
- Corresponding links are created automatically and appear on the network details page.
(Optional) Customize your attribution settings from the Yahoo network details page.