Set up Snapchat
With Adjust’s Snapchat integration, you can measure the performance of your marketing efforts on Snapchat campaigns.
Snapchat requires that Adjust passes certain parameters to their servers for attribution. When you set up Snapchat for your app, Adjust automatically transmits the following information to Snapchat.
- Event names
- Hashed device ID
- OS name
- Predefined partner parameters (if activated)
- Revenue data (if activated)
- Snap app ID
- Tracking Enabled flag
Here's what you need to know before getting started.
- App Store App ID or Google Play Store ID
- Snap App ID
- Snap App IDs are associated with an advertiser’s organization in Snap’s ad platform. The ID is generated in the "Apps" section of your Snap Business Manager account.
- Adjust SDK v4.0.0 and later to map SDK parameters to network parameters. Follow the guides linked below to use this feature.
iOS / Android / Windows / Unity / React Native / Flutter / Adobe Air / Cordova / Marmalade / Xamarin / Cocos2d-x / Titanium / Corona
To set up Snapchat for your app, follow these steps.
- Under Campaign Lab, select Ad networks.
- Select New network.
- In the Network selection screen, choose Snapchat, and select Next.
- In the App selection screen, choose your app, and select Next.
Then, set your data sharing options, review your setup, and enable Snapchat for your app.
Share data with Snapchat to optimize your campaigns. In the Data sharing screen, follow these steps.
- In the Store App ID field, enter your App Store or Google Play Store ID.
- (Optional) In the Snap App ID field, enter your Snap App ID.
- Separate multiple Snap App IDs with a comma. Snapchat then parses them out accordingly on their end.
Once you enable data sharing, Adjust sends Snapchat data for all installs and reattributions, attributed to them from all attribution sources, by default. This includes data attributed to Snapchat, data attributed to other networks, and organic data. Additionally, you can choose to share the following data with Snapchat.
- Select In-app revenue (from in-app purchases) to send detailed revenue data to Snapchat. You need to map events that generate revenue to share this data.
- Select Parameters to share all partner parameters configured in the Adjust SDK for any activity you share with Snapchat. You usually need to map parameters to share this data.
- Adjust measures reattributions for Snapchat automatically. Turn on Enable reattribution measurement to send all app sessions to Snapchat. If Snapchat can show a qualifying engagement, it will be awarded a reattribution.
Map your events to forward in-app event data directly to Snapchat.
If you selected In-app revenue (from in-app purchases) to send detailed revenue data to Snapchat, ensure that you map at least one revenue event to Snapchat.
To forward in-app events or revenue events to Snapchat, follow these steps.
- Select Map event.
- In the Adjust event list, select the Adjust event that you want to share with Snapchat.
- In the Network event list, select an applicable Snapchat event.
- Select Apply.
Snapchat events available for mapping
If the raw data parameters you collect in the SDK differ from the values supported by Snapchat, you can define mappings so that Snapchat can receive that data.
You can view this section only if you have selected Parameters under Set your data sharing options.
To map your parameters, follow these steps.
- Select Map parameter.
- In the SDK parameter field, enter the name of your Adjust partner parameter as written in the Adjust SDK.
- In the Network parameter field, enter the corresponding Snapchat parameter name.
- Select Apply.
After you set this up, Adjust will forward custom event details directly to Snapchat for any of your linked events.
Full list of accepted Snapchat parameters
- In the Setup review screen, review your choices. Make any changes, if required.
- Select Enable network to enable Snapchat for your app, and enable data sharing, if set up.
Go to Snapchat and set up your campaign.
- Corresponding links are created automatically and appear on the network details page.
(Optional) Turn on impression-based attribution.
- Adjust doesn’t automatically attribute installs to Snapchat impressions. After your link is created via the network integration, attribution settings are available from the network details page. You can then turn on impression-based attribution for Snapchat.
(Optional) Customize your attribution settings from the Snapchat network details page.